Kilgraston’s Admissions Department - for Junior and Senior school - is open all summer. Contact email@example.com or call 01738 812 257Find Out More
The original name of Kilgraston was ‘Gilgryston’ with an early reference to be found in a 13th century charter. The current main building was built by Francis Grant of Glenlochy in the classic style of the Adam Brothers around 1800. It was a private house until the First World War when it was used as a hospital for wounded officers.
In 1930, the house and grounds were purchased by the Society of the Sacred Heart and opened as a school with 40 boarders. The Society is a religious order, founded by St Madeleine Sophie Barat in 1800 to provide education for girls It operated Kilgraston until 2000, when the school became an independent Catholic charitable trust. As the school belongs to the Sacred Heart Network, it has links with schools worldwide in over forty countries.
A new chapel was consecrated in 1961. The school has since been extended and kept up-to-date through our programme of continuous development to further our position as a centre of excellence for education in Scotland, whilst being mindful of maintaining our traditions and ethos.