FACE COVERINGS AT KILGRASTON
Further to the announcement on Tuesday by the Scottish Government on face coverings in Schools, Kilgraston will comply with this guidance from Monday 31 August whereby all Staff and Senior girls (except where an individual is exempt from wearing a covering) will be required to wear a face covering in the following circumstances:
• for all adults where they cannot keep 2m distance and are interacting face-to-face for a sustained period (15 minutes or more) with other adults and/or children and young people;
• in Senior School where adults and Senior girls are moving about the School in corridors and confined communal areas (including toilets) where physical distancing is particularly difficult to maintain; and
• in line with the current arrangements for public transport, where adults and children and young people aged 5 and over are travelling on dedicated school transport.
Face coverings should not generally be required in the classrooms however the School may require the wearing of face coverings in some circumstances where any form of distancing is impossible or in circumstances where increased community activity is being seen.
Pupils (and staff) should ensure they:
• do not share their face coverings under any circumstances;
• bring their own face coverings to school;
• store these safely in a washable, sealable bag or container when not in use;
• wash reusable face coverings in hot water at the end of each day; and
• safely and hygienically dispose of disposable face coverings after use.
Arrangements will be made for a supply of face coverings to be available in school for pupils and staff in the case of forgotten or lost face coverings.
The School is currently exploring the potential for a Kilgraston specific face covering which will form part of the uniform once received. We will be providing two face coverings for each pupil and member of staff at an estimated cost of £3.50 per covering. This will be charged to your next bill but should you have any concerns about this please do not hesitate to contact us.
Further information on face coverings is available on the Scottish Government’s website as follows:
The full return to school guidance, including the updated guidance on face coverings is also available on the Scottish Government’s website as follows:
The current guidance on school uniform / clothing and staff clothing is that it should be washed / cleaned as normal and therefore we have reviewed our position on our School blazers and are pleased to allow the wearing of blazers daily from Monday 31 August.
As we prepare to roll out a program of activities we aim to have more outdoor activities including the introduction of a Woodland Adventure for the Junior School and outdoor badminton for the Senior School.
As you are aware, some activities are already running but the pupils will be given the full list activities on Friday morning and will choose their range of activities to participate in on the morning of Tuesday 1 September.